Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Revelry Review: Two Kisses for Maddy

A few years ago, I was introduced to Matt Logelin's blog via Glamour.com's Storked! blog. With tears streaming down my face, I spent a few hours reading back posts from the blog, which details Matt's life after his wife died just one day after giving birth to their daughter, Madeline.

At first, Matt's choppy, short sentences, laden with curse words, gripped me with the way that they painted the portrait of a first-time Dad reeling from the grief of an unthinkable and life-changing tragedy. What made me keep reading was being able to watch from afar as Matt and Maddy made new memories together. Over the course of the last three years, I've read with envy about Matt's around-the-world adventures, most with Maddy in tow, the grueling process of writing a book on his experience, and on finding love again.

Last week, his book, Two Kisses for Maddy, was released. I read it in about two hours.

Even though I knew how the story ended, I still cried and laughed and marveled at the life that Matt and Maddy have created. The book seemed to fill in the spaces between the blog posts. Two Kisses for Maddy is incredibly sad, very brave and ultimately hopeful. Read it--but not without some tissues nearby.

No comments: