Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Scenes from our Maine Vacation

Lake Cobbosseecontee (say that three times fast!) in Winthrop, Maine. We spent Tuesday to Saturday here with Jesse's extended family, plus my Mom and her boyfriend.
More of the lake. So peaceful.
The cute little farmstand down the street. We bought cute tiny sweet peppers and whoopie pies here.
My Mom and Jesse during game night.
He might look like he can play a mean game of poker, but let it be known that I won! We also played corn hole (also known north of the Mason-Dixon line as bean bag toss), Apples to Apples and Rack-o.
We took a day trip to Bar Harbor where we wandered around and had a-mazing ice cream at Mt. Desert Island. If it is good enough for the POTUS, it's good enough for me! I highly recommended the Cinnamon Cardamom and the Malted Milk Ball flavors.
Blueberry pie at the Lobster Shack at Two Lights in Cape Elizabeth, Maine.
While my poor friends and family were battling Hurricane Irene farther south, we were enjoying sunshine and beautiful views.
And Jesse taught me how to skip rocks! I clearly need some practice though.

No comments: