Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Delicious Dishes: Appetite for Reduction



Over the weekend I decided it was time to give Appetite for Reduction by Isa Chandra Moskowitz a try. The cookbook has 125 recipes for dishes that are all under 400 calories per serving. I've been reading positive things about it in many blogs and on the Weight Watchers' vegetarian message board. Plus, I've never tried a recipe of hers that I didn't like!
I made the Red Thai tofu, Bhutanese Pineapple Rice and the Green Beans with Thai Basil. All three dishes used similar ingredients and came together within an hour. Each one was very good, but the Bhutanese Pineapple Rice was absolutely stellar. I could have eaten just this one dish as my meal.
There are many other recipes in this cookbook that look delicious. I can't wait to try ones such as the warm mushroom salad with cranberries, the OMG Oven-Baked Onion Rings and the Caribbean Curried Black Eyed Peas with Plaintains. Once again, I've been reminded that anything Isa cooks up will be worth trying. I already can't wait for her next book!
Given my intention this year to get healthy, I very much appreciate that each recipe in this book contains all of the nutritional information. Lately I've been gravitating towards the cookbooks that do have this, such as Skinny Bitch: Ultimate Everyday Cookbook, Color Me Vegan and Cooking Light: Way to Cook Vegetarian. I wish that more cookbooks provided this vital information.

2 comments:

Valerie @ City|Life|Eats said...

All three dishes look amazing. I received Appetite for Reduction for Christmas, and I can't wait to start cooking from it!

The Depressed Yogi said...

I want this book so bad!!! Am waiting for it to become available at my library. :)