Thursday, January 27, 2011

Delicious Dishes for Snow

Yesterday my office closed early due to the giant snowstorm we got here in the DC area. I came home and immediately thought about how delicious some lentil soup would be. I made a giant pot of this red lentil soup, which is easily one of the best I've ever had (and so easy to make!)




Doesn't it just look so perfect for a freezing cold night?




After dinner I got the urge to bake. I looked at what ingredients I had handy and began searching online. I decided to go with this recipe from Fat-Free Vegan Kitchen for Banana-Maple Oatmeal cookies. They turned out pretty well--not too sweet and very chewy. Plus the recipe only made a little over a dozen cookies, which is more than enough for this household. And I only ate one! Must be good if I want to reach my get healthy goals.



Today both Jesse and I are home from work due to a snow day. I can't wait to cook some more and curl up on the couch and read to my heart's content. Hope you are warm and safe, wherever this Thursday may find you!

No comments: