Thursday, October 6, 2011

Vegan Mofo 5: Good Vegan Eats

Some snapshots of what I've been eating lately:

Ridiculously amazing vegan pizza from Whole Foods: thin whole wheat crust, extra garlicky sauce, roasted tomatoes, artichokes, kalamata olives, squash, zucchini, spinach and Daiya. This may be the best pizza I've ever had. And it was $3.

Curry noodle soup (rice noodles, spicy curry broth, kale, sprouts, cilantro, basil, carrots and edamame) with spicy tofu from Java Green. The perfect lunch!

Brown rice sushi with cucumber and avocado.

Tofu bibimbob (brown rice, mixed veggies, pickled radish, baked tofu), also from Java Green

Butternut squash ginger and orange soup from Color Me Vegan, topped with cilantro, orange zest and green onion

"Tropic of Tempeh" from Vegan on the Cheap: rice topped with coconut curry tempeh, carrots, red pepper, onion, pineapple and a yummy sauce.

I've eaten these things AND lost 8 pounds in two weeks. Life doesn't get much better than that!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh wow your sushi looks so good! I find it hard to make well.

Julie Lynn said...

Bibimbop! Score! It's one of my favs. :-)

Anonymous said...

I wish I had a Whole Foods near me! I've seen so many pictures of tasty food from their hot food bar... I'm jealous.

EverydayTastiness said...

pizza looks great! my whole foods didn't have that last time I was there. I guess I'll have to add that to the list of tastiness to make too ;)

Susan said...

Looks like some great eats. :)