Monday, October 31, 2011

Vegan Mofo 14: Thanksgiving Dress Rehearsal

Last night I decided to do a Thanksgiving dress rehearsal. We usually go to Jesse's aunt and uncle's house for Thanksgiving and like to bring something veg to share. I always try the recipes beforehand so I can be sure they will be delicious. First up: Pumpkin pull-apart rolls!


These were pretty easy as far as bread goes and tasted delicious!

Then I tried making Harvest Pies. Here is the butternut squash, cranberry and shallot mixture after it came out of the oven.

Potato, carrot, onion, spices and white wine on the stove.

The pies before going in the oven.

The final product: one roll, one pie (with vegan gravy that was superb) and a salad. This dinner just tasted like Thanksgiving. So comforting and warm and yummy. I also made a pumpkin pie but its crust was a disaster. Thank goodness my copy of Vegan Pie in the Sky is on its way to me!

1 comment: