Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Celebrating us.

For a long time, I was afraid of being successful and taking credit for the things I was proud of. I am still not sure why that is...but today I was reminded that we need to take the time to celebrate ourselves.

To that end....

Things that I am proud of that I am celebrating today:

1. Losing 70 lbs. I'd say this is probably my biggest accomplishment to date and the one that has had the most direct impact on my quality of life. I worked really, really hard to do it and each day continues to be a struggle, but I'm truckin' on.

2. Graduating from undergrad with honors with a double major (English/Spanish Language and Literature) and a minor (women's studies). Right now I am less than one year away from completing a master's program in International Affairs with a focus on Latin America and I currently have a 3.8 GPA. I've managed to do this while working full time. Only recently have I begun to realize exactly how hard I've worked to balance all of this.

3. Moving away from NJ. Not many people leave my hometown. I made the decision to do so on a whim, without looking back. I now know that this was one of the best decisions I ever made for myself.

4. Completing level 1 of yoga teacher training, as well as pre- and post-natal yoga teacher training. Honestly, I wasn't sure I could do it. But I did. And I'm a better person because of these trainings.


What are you most proud of accomplishing?

{Photo credit: amymortimer*}

No comments: