Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Joy Diet: Risk and Treats

I will be very honest and say that the week of risk did not go so well.  There were a lot of things going on in my life and, as someone who is already fairly risk-averse, I just could not add that on top of it.  I did, however, begin to map out some plans for risk-taking in the near future.

Last week, the week of treats, was much more fun.  The mere act of listing my treats brought a smile to my face during a very difficult seven days.  Here is my list:

-I love the taste of: mint, mashed potatoes, chocolate, pineapple and hot chai tea.

-I love the sight of: my boyfriend, the view of the Washington, DC skyline at night, this Marc Chagall painting, babies and the ocean.

-I love the feel of: great hugs, my baby blanket, fleece, bubble baths and love.

-I love the smell of: puppies, warm vanilla, campfires, matzo ball soup and clean air.

-I love the sound of: the Counting Crows, Deva Premal's Om Namo Bhagavate, laughter, gentle rain and silence.

Read more about The Joy Diet and the Next Chapter Book Club.

{Photo credit: cybriks}

6 comments:

Melita said...

love your treats. your blog is a treat to me :)

Kaileen Elise said...

what a delightful list ~ reading through your smile starters made me feel happy. i hope you're enjoying 'play' this week. xo, kaileenelise

Lexington said...

I love your list of treats. Thank you so much for sharing them.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful list of delights! :)

becky nielsen said...

Great bunch of smile starters! I'm going to look for Deva Premal - am not familiar with her, but I'm always looking for new CD's - those are real treats for me - along with lots of other things.

Sherry Ways said...

Thank you for your post. I did not know you were in the Dc area. How about that?