Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Vegan Kickstart: Day 16

Today I stocked up on some groceries (including hemp protein powder and Gerb's Pumpkin Seeds, which I had seen on VegNews' blog). When I got home, I made the cran-apple muffins from Robin Robertson's 1,000 Vegan Recipes. They were pretty darn good, though not nearly as moist and tasty as Colleen's banana chocolate chip muffins. I also made steel cut oats for the very first time so that I would have something new and interesting for breakfast these next few days. I am so glad that the Kickstart has been able to get me back in the kitchen. It's something I've been wanting to get back into for awhile now and this gives me a good excuse to finally just do it!

1 comment:

The Depressed Yogi said...

That's the kind of hemp protein powder I got, too! The one with fiber is like... crazy fiberlicious. I definitely like them more in my cherry chocolate bomb shakes than my green smoothies. Dunno why!