Thursday, March 11, 2010

Vegan Kickstart: Days 10 and 11

Jesse has been here this week so I have had a partner in vegan crime since he is trying out the Kickstart as well. Yesterday we had Maoz Vegetarian for lunch: yummy falafel on a whole wheat pita topped off with veggies and sweet potato fries!

Tonight I decided to try out two new recipes, both of which are from Vegan Yum Yum. The first was the Sweet Chili-Lime Tofu, which was hands down THE BEST tofu I've ever made. It was perfect! I will definitely make this recipe again and again. The second dish was the Crispy Sesame Kale. I am normally not a kale person but since I know how nutritious it is, I was determined to keep trying recipes until I found something palatable. Problem solved! It was pretty darn good. Serve both of those with some brown rice and you have a wonderful week night (or any night!) meal!


Our dinner!

Jesse showing off our delicious meal!

2 comments:

The Depressed Yogi said...

YUM I am DEF trying that tofu! And aww... I want a cute vegan-friendly boyfriend!!!

Unknown said...

I am starting to eat a bit more tofu now that a lot of soy-related health issues have been ruled out, so I am excited to try this recipe :) Hope your knee and hip feel better soon.