Friday, July 10, 2009

Attitude of Gratitude.

Today I was struck by a feeling of total contentment and extreme gratitude for everything and everyone in my life.  I wanted to take a minute to share with you the things--both big and small--that I am thankful for today:

1. Summer hours at work!  I work one extra hour a day from Monday- Thursday and then I only have to work 9-1 on Fridays from now through Labor Day weekend.

2. A postcard from Uganda with monkeys on it from my friend who is spending the summer living there!

3. The wonderful guy at the Apple store genius bar who got all my music off of my old iPod and back onto both my laptop and my new iPod.  I am very grateful that I don't have to put 3,100 songs back in both those places.

4. A great yoga practice last night!  It was very much alignment focused and the teacher pushed me a lot, which I needed.

5. Honeydrop juice in blood orange and honey.  So yummy!

6. My boyfriend, who I am always thankful for, and who also spent last night explaining to me the scientific reasons behind why diamonds are sparkly.  He does a pre-med program so that I can learn about jewelry. Ha.  We're geeky together and I love it.

7. Absolutely perfect weather.  Not too hot, not rainy....just wonderful.

8. A clean apartment.

9.  Free time.  I am still not totally sure what to do with it but I do know that having time to think and breathe and be is doing wonders for me.

10. All of the possibilities that lay before me.  And there are a ton.  :-)

{Photo credit: ericvondy-away}

2 comments:

Globetrotting Cacti said...

I love your list. A clean and tidy living space puts a spring in my step too...

Melita said...

i love your list. we have so much to be grateful for, don't we?!