Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Chasing the wagon.

I've fallen off the wagon.  In fact, the wagon has taken off and left me standing alone on the corner. 

I need to get back into a routine of healthy eating and a regular workout routine.  Class and work, a killer final and some travel really put a dent in some of the progress I was making.  A few weeks of not being totally vigilant makes me feel like I am slipping back into my pre-weight loss habits forever.  It is the sense of a loss of self-control that is most scary, even though I know I have come so far and I know that I can do this.

In order to get back on track, I have done the following:

-Grocery shopped and stocked my kitchen with fresh fruits, veggies and whole grains.

-Tested out a few new healthy recipes.

-Set up a workout schedule.

- Made a commitment to pack up my gym stuff the night before.  None of the lame excuse of "but I don't have time to pack up my stuff in the morning!"

-Purchased a few new workout DVDs for the days when I don't want to go to the gym.

-Wrote a few journal entries on my eating habits as of late,  how I plan to get back to basics and listed a few realistic goals so I can measure my success.

-Planned to get to bed early.

{Photo credit: epidemic photography}

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Have you ever read Julia Cameron's The Writing Diet - you may find it interesting. Good for you for putting together a strategy. Travel always gets in the way of working out.

Analiese said...

I know what you mean. Moving has really thrown a wrench into my healthy habits, and I feel like I'm just trying to hang on at this point. You're inspiring me to re-double my efforts.

Lauren said...

I own The Writing Diet but I haven't yet had the chance to read it. Maybe I'll put it next on my list!

Vienna said...

I was exactly in the same position a few months ago and I'm dreading the start of the new academic year for that reason. You'll get back on track, mainly because you want to. You will find the way.

dharmagirl said...

ahhh, me too. a few years ago, when i was fairly unhappy, i became super disciplined and strict about diet and exercise. now, this summer, when i've been happy, happy, that strictness has dissipated, and now i'm in search of some balance, that elusive middle way:)